The Joule Ankle Compression Ballet Socks Apolla
For barefoot dancers or to be worn in or over pointe shoes, in ballet shoes or ANY shoe while keeping dress code and protecting your body. This versatile Shock is so much more than a brace from your local pharmacy, you will love the targeted support and all the ways you can wear it while dancing longer and stronger!Below the calf profile seamless design.
The Joule provides flexible arch support, ankle stability, and energy absorption. However, here are some other unique fit features of the Joule:
Open heel & ball of the foot seamless design
- Arch and ankle support for dancers that want bare toes and heels
- A stripped-down shock designed to harness this energy and support your body while maximizing contact with the floor or easily being added to a shoe
- Now you don’t have to choose between protecting your body and dancing barefoot or wearing shoes without support
- Paired with the K-warmer to create a fashionable look of a stirrup or legging
- Allows for a natural grip on the floor
- Incognito under ballet tights and hidden under pointe shoe ribbons
- Shows off and accentuates the feet while creating long clean lines
- Can also be worn with any dance shoe to provide much-needed support
- Comfort fit on Achilles tendon makes it comfortable on the back of your heel and does not interfere with the heel of the shoe
The ONLY dancer footwear awarded the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance (along with ALL Apolla Shock styles). Meaning the APMA says they are good for your feet!
- A massage for your feet, you won't believe the difference they make on your whole body!
- To keep strong arches, it is good to help lift them and give them support in class, and during recovery
Premium and Durable Footwear
- Patented highly-engineered knit design made with quality performance yarns, creating durable footwear that will outlast any other dance shoe several times over
- We recommend you replace a pair once a year, but you may want more colors, styles, or a pair for performance and class...but you won't need to replace them through the year due to them not lasting.
Knit-in Energy Absorption
- A 2019 independent study at Ohio University showed Apolla socks reduced force.
- The padding on the ball of the foot AND the heel provides comfort for your metatarsals but is not too thick in shoes.
- Anti-microbial (they don't stink)
- Moisture-wicking (keep your feet dry)
- They are washable
- The Joules do not have toes so there is not a Left or Right for this style BUT there is an upside down and right side up!
You don't have to wash them as often as a typical sock but unlike your dance shoes, you CAN wash them!
Wash with warm water in gentle cycle
- Low tumble dry
- Do NOT use fabric softener or dryer sheets
- You will get the best results if you wash and dry your socks in a mesh bag. This will also prevent piling.