The K-Warmer Legwarmer Apolla
The beloved ballet and dance leg warmer is back, now with more function than ever imagined for dancers. Consistent Kinesio compression throughout gives muscles and joints support without restricting movement. These full length compression leg warmers stay up, don't get in the way, keep gorgeous lines and keep you warm...all while helping to energize your muscles and stabilize your joints!
The Kinesio Warmer provides our flexible arch support, ankle stability, and energy absorption. However, here are some other unique fit features of the K-Warmer:
Long legwarmer seamless design with open foot
- They stay in place! No more annoying legwarmers that roll and slip down
- Sleek design shows off every aspect of a beautiful leg line
- Can be worn with tights or to replace leggings
- Give your knees, calves, and thighs a snug hug of support
- Anyone with joint hypermobility, this style is a game-changer for you!
- Can be paired with your favorite Apolla Shock for maximum support
- Perfect for class and recovery for jazz, tap, zumba or any other dance activity you can think of
- Consistent moderate 10-15 mmHg compression throughout
- Bottom of the K-warmer has zero compression and lays flat on the ankle
- Is only one size...not one size fits all, see size chart for more information
The ONLY dancer footwear awarded the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal of Acceptance (along with ALL Apolla Shock styles). Meaning the APMA says they are good for your feet!
- Dancing barefoot long term will take a toll on your body...Apolla Shocks provide incredible support, allow you to build strength you use your muscles, and have complete connection to the floor
Premium and Durable Footwear
- Patented highly-engineered knit design made with quality performance yarns, creating durable footwear that will outlast any other dance shoe several times over
- We recommend you replace a pair once a year, but you may want more colors, styles, or a pair for performance and class...but you won't need to replace them through the year due to them not lasting.
- Anti-microbial (they don't stink)
- Moisture-wicking (keep your feet dry)
- They are washable
- You can keep it on the ankle and add ankle support by pairing with your favorite Apolla Shock OR you can wear alone and pull the fabric down and under the heel for ankle support! Click here to see how to wear
You don't have to wash them as often as a typical sock but unlike your dance shoes, you CAN wash them! For care instructions look on the packaging or CLICK HERE
What we often hear:
Are they a crutch?
I need to build strong feet, can I do that with the support of Apollas?
I need to wear the footwear appropriate for the genre!
Short answers...No, yes, and stop doing the same thing and expecting a different result!
DID YOU KNOW? Dancer injury rates are TWICE the amount as football players from the knee down? It's true! Most of those dancer injuries are caused by overuse, repetitive strain & inflammation (65% from the knee down). This inflammation causes pain, aches & can lead to chronic injuries. We want to help you ache less & feel better. How do we do that?
Apolla Shocks combine several sports-science technology features specifically for dancers but...
WHY DO YOU WANT ALL OF THESE FEATURES IN YOUR FOOTWEAR?
Apolla uses high-quality 20-30mmHg targeted compression zones to create flexible arch support & ankle stability, Apolla socks offer similar support provided by taping or KT tape but a better range of motion, comfort, and usability. The compression is strategically designed to target points of the feet and ankles to reduce inflammation. Reducing this inflammation makes you ache less and dance more with less pain. Compression feels like your feet and ankles are receiving a nice, snug hug or a massage. It is not uncomfortable, but it will feel different. Apolla's patented targeted compression is what makes it special and cannot be duplicated in another compression sock. It is the 'goldilocks' of compression levels to assist circulation & recovery. This makes you feel less fatigued and energizes your muscles. It also helps to stabilize the 26 bones in the foot and the ankle's tendons and ligaments. However, it is important to note it does not restrict full range of motion, so it does not prevent muscles from building strength. You will however notice increased awareness of your alignment, proprioception, and kinesthetic awareness. The stability they provide is also raved about by customers with joint hypermobility and are looking for comfort and stability.
Wearing Apolla Shocks during class minimizes the amount of inflammation that occurs due to the repetitive nature and the movement that IS Dance. Regardless of technique or strength, dance creates repetition and overuse in your joints and muscles and that causes inflammation. We also strongly encourage dancers to wear them when NOT dancing, as they also help to refresh your muscles so you can come back to class refreshed and reduct the liklihood of chronic injuries like plantar fasciitis, tendonitis or other inflammation-related injuries that can compound and create career-ending injuries. Our graduated compression assists circulation to remove the inflammation from the feet and ankles. Additionally, our knit-in energy absorption provides metatarsal (and heel comfort for full-coverage Shocks) while reducing force on the joints and muscles. All of these features plus our various styles that are designed to fit your preferences, AND a refreshable traction, combine to make Apolla Shocks world-class footwear for dancers.
You can wear them for class, travel, conventions (terrible hotel carpet laid over concrete), on stage, or everyday wear and recovery!Simply put, Apolla Shocks work! We have thousands of reviews to help you know why you should invest in your body and career. They help you ache less and feel better...AKA Dance Longer & Dance Stronger! The best part? We guarantee satisfaction. So give us a try and see what Apolla can do for you!