COVID-19 - PROCEDURES & PROTOCOLS
For over 30 years, Limbers has supported dancers in our community and our commitment remains unchanged. We will continue to provide the service you expect from us, while ensuring the health and safety of our customers, our staff and the community.
WE TAKE OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE A SAFE, SANITIZED, AND COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT VERY SERIOUSLY.
We have been tirelessly working on our protocols to be able to safely serve you under the new requirements. This is a big responsibility; with less staff and less contact in the “new normal” environment, we have made some changes to the Limbers experience during these extraordinary times and we appreciate your support as we navigate these challenges together. Please remember this is new for all of us and we are doing our best to continue to serve our dance community.
The following outlines what you can expect from us as we reopen our doors to dancers and what we are asking of you – everyone in the store has someone they are trying to keep safe and these changes help us all do our part. While essential, we recognize that the changes to the Limbers experience as you know it are immense. We remain committed to providing an experience that is unparalleled, despite the temporary modifications we’ve made to our services.
WE ARE DEEPLY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND UNDERSTANDING DURING THIS TIME.
We will continue to assess this situation as it evolves. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to keep well, stay informed, and follow the advice of health care officials. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
Most importantly, we appreciate your willingness to adapt and your feedback, so please keep communicating with us!
We look forward to serving you again, safely and with care.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US DURING YOUR VISIT:
We are still offering and encouraging on-line shopping and curbside pickup or shipping options. For customers that prefer the in-store shopping experience or require fittings, please see below for how we have adapted our service to respond to the requirements of COVID-19.
- Greetings – touch-less hellos and goodbyes; while we miss you all dearly, we will refrain from shaking hands or hugging at this time.
- Personal contact – we will minimize contact with customers where possible, recognizing that shoe fittings require additional contact and therefore different protocols. We will also work to keep store visits as short as possible to reduce contact and wait times and still give you the service you expect.
- Masks – we will be wearing a mask when we can’t maintain social distance.
- Sanitizing – we have increased our store cleaning and we will wash or sanitize our hands between customer visits in addition to frequently sanitizing high touch items and areas in the store.
- Health – we will stay home if we aren’t feeling well.
- Capacity – we are minimizing the number of parties in the store at any one time. This may mean longer wait times than you are used to, so we appreciate your patience if the store if full when you arrive.
- Fitting rooms – fitting rooms are open, but we ask that you know your torso measurements and take guidance from staff to minimize the number of items you try on. Items that have been tried on will be removed from the racks until the next day.
- Accommodation – if you are immunocompromised or need other accommodation, please email or call us for special arrangements.
WHAT WE ARE ASKING OF YOU FOR YOUR VISIT:
- Self-assessment – please delay your visit if you or anyone in your party is not feeling well, exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19, or has had recent exposure to someone with Covid-19.
- Party size – to help with store capacity, please limit your party to those that need to attend. See special notes for class fittings.
- Masks – please bring a personal mask for everyone in your party and be prepared to wear it during your visit. We have masks if you aren’t able to bring your own. We remain mindful of the impact of disposable masks on the environment and we kindly ask customers to bring a reusable mask from home if possible. We have great dance masks available for sale as well.
- Keep it lean – please leave bags, outside food/drinks and items not required for your fitting in your vehicle.
- Physical Distancing – please note the physical distancing instructions in the store and follow guidance from our staff.
- Keep it clean – please disinfect your hands upon arrival and during your visit as necessary, and before and after trying on clothes. We have hand sanitation stations throughout the store for your convenience.
- Limit contact – to ensure we can serve everyone efficiently, we ask customers to minimize touch points and number of items you try on.
- Keep it cashless – we appreciate contactless forms of payment and are accepting e-transfers and gift cards as well as tap for cards.
SPECIAL GUIDANCE FOR SHOE FITTINGS AND GROUPS:
**NEW** Limbers offers the option for booked shopping appointments to minimize wait times and help with customer flow in the store. Please click here for more details.
The nature of shoe fittings, and pointe shoe fittings in particular, means we are closer than physical distancing requirements advise and therefore we need additional guidelines. The following protocols will ensure everyone is safe during shoe fittings.
We are limiting the number of fittings at any given time and have set out designated areas in the store to accommodate the physical distancing requirements. You may need to wait outside if we are serving the maximum number of customers already. In addition, we ask that you:
- Stay put – stay within your designated area during your fitting; to help us with physical distancing, parents that wish to be in store during fittings are asked to remain in the chairs provided or wait outside.
- Stay clean – sanitize your hands before and after your fitting.
- Stay masked – wear a mask during your fitting.
- Stay covered – use the protective disposable layers provided for your feet and hands.
- Stay safe – let our staff handle the shoes (putting shoes back in boxes, etc.)
- Stay apart – be aware of physical distance during photos and celebratory moments.